Monday, February 18, 2008

Hey Mom, look what I made! Part II

I spent the Thursday evenings in January attending a stained glass class, where we got to pick out a design (or bring your own, but I'm not up to that level yet :P), buy the glass, and then make your own piece, pretty much by yourself. The fiancé and I are going to look at some houses next week, and my long-term goal is to replace the kitchen cabinet faces with stained glass pieces. Making a window would be pretty cool too. But I think that, for now, I'll concentrate more on simpler pieces that won't get as much exposure, like lampshades or jewelry boxes.

Which, as you'll see from the below pictures, is probably a good idea. This piece is better than the first one (largely because I got to pick out the colors), but I still have a long way to go before I start making pieces that are the focal point of a room I spend a lot of time in :)










1 comment:

11frogs said...

Very pretty! My mom's digging on the giant stained glass thing in their window that Dad got her for Christmas - it looks pretty awesome in the sunlight.