Thursday, January 15, 2009

New dishwasher!

So, the old dishwasher wasn't doing too well on the whole "washing" front. Having gotten tired of having to handwash everything, I dragged D out to Sears (he hates spending money...........) the day after Christmas to see what deals they had on dishwashers. I had two specific things that I wanted, and the rest was negotiable. One of them - a display that tells you how much time is left in the cycle. I like having those little numbers! But alas, almost no dishwashwer has them anymore. We found only one dishwasher that had both things I wanted (the display, plus I wanted a disposal in the dishwasher, not the filters that you have to clean every so often.........yucky). So, at least the decision on which one to buy was easy!

It's a maytag bright white tall tub dishwasher, and a guy came to swap out the old one and put in the new one on January 2nd. It felt like it took FOREVER to fill up that dishwasher the first time (OMG it's huge), and then when it was full we ran it.

BEAUTIFUL!

I had forgotten what clean dishes looked like. Yey!

Though, my 70's bakelite utensils shouldn't go in the dishwasher (I handwash those). And D's mother bought us a whole set of super swanky pots and pans for Christmas - so it's not like we can put those in the dishwasher either :P

No comments: