Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some things are private

Why is it that some people can't understand that there are some moments that are personal and private, and not something that you want shared with perfect fucking strangers?

There is a reason we are having the wedding in Rhode Island - because, plain and simple, I don't want people there. I love you all, but this is something that I feel very strongly about - this is a private moment between D and myself, and no one else. But D wanted a wedding, and D's mother insisted that she come, and now she's having D's father take pictures that she's going to bring to the reception and show to everybody there.

She's going to show people who I don't know and will never see again the most private and personal moment that I will ever have. And I'm fucking miserable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a difficult reality, but weddings, by nature, are very not private. I know your feelings on that, but don't forget that part of it is how happy they are for the two of you.

Don't let the little things get in the way of the big stuff ;-)