Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stupid Ego!

So, about the project that is scaring me out of my mind.........

I have to admit, that it's give my ego one good, big stroke. But then I heard that another customer may be doing a bigger upgrade later. Well WTF! I'm doing this amazing upgrade, who are these upstarts thinking that they're gonna try and upstage me??? So, I start thinking about upgrading my customer one more version, even though it's not necessarily recommended. Now THAT would be awesome, right?

So, my ego, much like the little devil on my shoulder, starts talking me into it. "I mean, c'mon....it can't be that hard sweets.......and you can't let these people upstage you like that! You're going first........damn, you'd be awesome! You're already doing this one baby. C'mon. Just one more honey. Let's do this!"

Well, when you put it that way.......

So, I talk to some release and server peeps. I think I never thought it'd be a go, truthfully. But, it turns out that the reasons we tell customers not to do this doesn't apply to my customer. And those people think that not only would it be doable - it's PREFERABLE.

Which just means more work for me and my team.

Argh! Stupid, stupid ego!!

No comments: