Monday, January 21, 2008

"Girl's" poker night

So, I needed some relief from the hecticness all lately, and a night free of testosterone seemed like just the ticket, so I got the girls together for a girl's name night last Friday.
We played poker, drank beer, ate pizza and wings, and played a drinking game called "What the F*ck", which is COMPLETELY guy-centric.
So much for the girl's night. But it was tons of fun :)

Then on Saturday morning we went bridal gown shopping.
UGH!
I really thought that it would not be that terrible of a process, and I was so wrong. I didn't like any of the gowns or bridemaids dresses enough to really consider any of them. Towards the end of 2 hours in that place and I wanted to buy something just so I wouldn't have to go through that again.
Think about it - first, I'm ridiculously nervous because I'm way out of my depth and there were so many people there! Then you get to wear disgustingly tight "undergarments" (really, I think they're that tight so that when you can't breath you get lightheaded and agree to a dress just so you can get out of them) and need at least one other person in the dressing room with you to help you put on silly, fancy-pants, floofy dresses that weigh 100 pounds and don't flatter ANYONE'S figure. Then you get to prance around on a pedistal in front of everyone and about 3 million mirrors, and of course the one dress that I like is floaty and plain and the ones that everyone else likes is tight and fancy.
We had a late lunch after that, and I promptly went home and burst out crying to my poor, confused fiancé, who only wanted to whisk me away for a romantic night for my birthday.
And I get to do it next weekend too.
*sigh*

1 comment:

loud said...

If it's going to make you cry, just buy something white from macy's and move on. If you aren't enjoying it, there's no point in going.