Friday, March 7, 2008

Slacking off

Whoops, it's been a while. I've been busybusybusy with stuff, though I don't feel like I've accomplished a lot.


I went to Seattle on a business trip last week, that was fun - we got out early and saw amazing sights and went to Pike's Place market and then gorged ourselves on seafood at a restuarant that was right on the water with an unbelievable view of the setting sun over the water and mountains.........wonderful.











I'm also going on another business trip next week - Sun through Sat in MO. D is in Vegas this weekend, so I won't see him for over a week. Boo!

Speaking of him, the fiancé and I decided on the tux and rental place for the wedding tuxes, which is a big load off my mind. He wants his side of the wedding to wear black zoot suits with white pinstripes, and while that's an awesome idea, we were having trouble finding some. We even went to the men's place at Vera's bridal, to talk to the girl there - and OMFG she had the brain of a rock! D, the fiancé, POINTED to the tux that he thought was most like what he wanted. It was the longest tux in the whole place. The girl, brainless as she was, goes over to it and says "Oh, we have many other suits with these buttons!"

Uh - buttons?? WTF? Why, when we point to the only tux that's long, would she think we were talking about the goddamn buttons??? Her brain is just NOT wired right. I was completly irate after 5 minutes of this incomprehensible incompetence, and we finally left. What an idiotic moron. I do believe that DuBois must practice nepotism to the hilt, because there's no way in hell that girl knew a thing about men's suits. Argh!!

D took me to have wings and (copious) amounts of beer after that to calm me down. Grrrrr.


Anyways, we've found a place that has them and is national and where we can rent in RI and return in WI, to accomodate both the RI wedding and WI reception, and the fitting of the 2 groomsmen from WI and my brother in RI.


And, I bought my dress! Wheeee! It's the second dress in my previous post about dresses. White with dramatic red accents. It's so damn pretty! I'm so excited about it.

Also, we went to pick out wedding bands last week. D's mom had a white gold wedding band that she didn't wear anymore and wanted us to go to a custom place (where she had it made, coincidentally) and have it melted down to use in my band. Sweet gesture, so we figured why not. Then I found my great aunt's engagement ring that she left to me when she died many years ago. It was white gold, with a 7-point diamond (.07 carats). Since our bands will be white gold, and D wants a few 7-point diamonds in his, they'll melt down the white gold from my great aunt's ring with his mother's gold, so my band (sans any diamonds) will be a mix of the two families/history. Then, one of the diamonds in D's band will be my great aunt's diamond, completing the mélange. Two perfectly custom bands that have more sentimental value than you could ever believe, all for less than we budgeted for. Woohoo, go us!


We've also been looking at houses on the near west/west side for about 3 weeks now. We put in an offer on one a week or so ago, but were competing and lost when she wanted to go above her listing price (screw that, I was not pleased with her playing one against the other and her excuses about why she suddenly needed more for the house). We've seen over a dozen houses so far. Perhaps a move and housewarming party will be in the future!

No comments: