Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seems fitting...

That my 100th post would be about something pretty special.

We bought a house!!!!!! *dancedancedance*

I'm so excited. Nice 4-bedroom, 2.25 bath on the west side w/a 2 car garage and in a nice, quiet neighboorhood. We put an offer in on Friday morning, after seeing a few more houses with nothing really grabbing us. D was quite pale, but agreed to put an offer in on the house we saw last week. We put it in for $10K less than they wanted (and they'd already lowered it by $10K before this). Figured we wouldn't get it, and I was on pins and needles for what seemed like days, but really, was only like 5 hours - because at 3:30pm I got a call from our agent to tell us that Congratulations - we had an accepted offer!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

We have the inspection scheduled for tomorrow, and a meeting with the bank to get the mortgage officially approved on Tuesday, then then we close on 4/28. We'll have a month to do stuff like paint (yey colors!) and move in, then we'll be officially out of the Whitney Way house as of 5/31.

And so, here it is:
http://www.starkhomes.com/vp/ListingServlet?SITE=STARK&ScreenID=LISTING_DETAIL_P&EXCEEDLIMIT=Y&totalFound=0&showMap=Y&cd_MLS=305313

I'm thinking that the 3rd annual deep fry party will also be a combination housewarming party so everyone can see it once we're settled. I'm so excited to soon be done with moving for a very long time :)

4 comments:

11frogs said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Welcome to the world of home ownership........just remember when you bitch about the landlord from now on you.....it's YOU

Todd

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I know its a bit late, but I'm just catching up a bit. The house looks absolutely gorgeous.