Monday, July 6, 2009

Super productive Saturday!

So, the last time I had a super productive weekend was, oh, two years ago :P

However, over the weekend, we were supposed to hang out with some friends on a boat in the Dells for the fourth of July. On Friday, I had tried to find my swimsuit so I could pack - and realized I COULDN'T FIND IT! I think I threw it out last year for some reason. But, of course, I couldn't hang out on a boat all day with no swimsuit, so, after freaking out Friday night at 11pm, D and I decided to get up super early and hit Kohl's up at 8am (we had to head out at 9:30am to get to the Dells on time).

So, on Saturday, we got up at 7am and were about to head out the door a little after 8am, when the organizer called and said she'd cancelled the boat since it looked like it was going to be stormy.
Oh.

It's 8am on a Saturday and D and I were up - and suddenly without a place to go.

So, we stood downstairs and stared at each other for a while, trying to figure out what to do, because man, this was such an opportunity! We NEVER got up this early!

So, we decided to hit up Mickey's Dairy Bar on Monroe for breakfast, since we'd heard it was great but were never up in time to eat there. It's cash only, BTW, so by the time we'd parked, swung by an ATM and sat down it was like 9:30am. And it was great!! It's a super tiny place but we snagged a booth right away and got to have a great, leisurely, and CHEAP breakfast!



Seriously, it was a lot of food for only twelve bucks - coffee, eggs, toast, bacon, pancakes and an bagel w/cream cheese.

So, then we went to Kohl's as planned so I could pick up some swim suits (I got two) and I also shopped around for some cute dresses for all the weddings this year - again I got two. I also picked up some shirts, shoes, and jewelery. D also picked up some shirts and shorts. I think we spent 3 hours shopping, so I'm all shopped out for the next year :P

Then we went to look at cars so D could peruse the used BMWs, and he found one that he liked, thank god. We then did some shopping for the house and for dinner. After dinner, we went to Menards to get painting supplies! We had some samples from Sherwin Williams that I liked, and so we got busy painting on Saturday night. We painted some walls in my room, and finished that up Sunday. We also painted one coat of paint in the guest bedroom, so we have one coat to go.

Pictures to come of that!

No comments: